Articles & Presentations
Extended list of articles, papers and presentations using the Macro Model Data Base is shown here.
- Binder, Michael, Philipp Lieberknecht, Jorge Quintana and Volker Wieland, "Model Uncertainty in Macroeconomics: On the Implications of Financial Frictions". Forthcoming in The Economics of Central Banking: An Oxford Handbook in Economics, 2018, Oxford University Press. (last working paper version).
- Raymond J. Hawkins, Jeffrey K. Speakes and Dan E. Hamilton, "Monetary policy and PID control", Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, March 2014
- Cogan, John F., John B. Tayor, Volker Wieland and Maik Wolters, "Fiscal Consolidation Strategy", Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 2013, Vol. 37, 404-421 (IMFS Working Paper Series No. 68 (2013))
- Taylor, John B. and Volker Wieland, "Surprising Comparative Properties of Monetary Models: Results from a New Monetary Model Base", Review of Economics and Statistics, August 2012, Vol. 94, No. 3: 800-816 (last working paper version)
- Wieland, Volker, "Model Comparison and Robustness: A Proposal for Policy Analysis after the Financial Crisis," forthcoming in eds R. Solow and J.P. Touffut, "What's Right with Macroeconomics?", Cheltenham, UK, and Northampton, USA: Edward Elgar (last working paper version)
- Cwik, Tobias and Volker Wieland, "Keynesian government spending multipliers and spillovers in the euro area", Economic Policy, July 2011, Vol. 26, Issue 67: 493-549 (last working paper version)
- Wieland, Volker and Maik Wolters, "The Diversity of Forecasts from Macroeconomic Models of the U.S. Economy", Economic Theory, May 2011, Vol. 47, No. 2-3: 247-292 (last working paper version)
- Cogan, John F., Tobias Cwik, John B. Taylor and Volker Wieland, "New Keynesian versus Old Keynesian Government Spending Multipliers", Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, March 2010, 34, 281-295 (last working paper version)
- Presentation at the 1st Research Conference of the CEPR Network on Macroeconomic Modeling and Model Comparison, MMCN (Frankfurt, June 19-20, 2017, poster presentation)
- Presentation at the ASSA Meetings (San Francisco, January 3-5, 2016)
- Presentation at 2nd MACFINROBODS Scientific Workshop (Barcelona, November 30-December 1, 2015)
- Presentation at the 10th Workshop on Macroeconomics and the Business Cycle (Dresden, November 19-20, 2015)
- Presentation at 1st Annual MACFINROBODS Dissemination Conference (Paris, June 15-16, 2015)
- Presentation at the Conference on the Handbook for Macroeconomics, Volume 2 (Chicago, April 23-25, 2015)
- Presentation at the Macrofinancial Modeling Winter Meeting of the Becker Friedman Institute (New York, March 13-14, 2015): "The Present and the Future of Macroeconomic Modeling"
- Presentation at 1st MACFINROBODS Scientific Workshop (London, January 16, 2015)
- Keynote presentation by Elena Afanasyeva and Jinhyuk Yoo at MathWorks Conference "Quantitative Modeling in Finance and Economics" (Frankfurt, October 16, 2014)
- Keynote Speech by Volker Wieland on "Real-time model-based fiscal and monetary policy analysis" at the annual conference of the German Economic Association (Hamburg, September 9, 2014, presentation handouts)
- Speech by Volker Wieland at the conference "What's Right with Macroeconomics?" (Cournot Centre, December 2-3, 2010): video